We need your support in raising funds to create a new Community Sports Facility at Home Farm, Beaumont Leys.
If you can help with a financial contribution visit our page at Spacehive:
or even just like it .... that would be fantastic!
Our idea - Working with local community groups and universities we are planning to turn a nearby piece of derelict land into a vibrant and well-used community sports facility.
The need - 30% of young people in the Home Farm area of Beaumont Leys live in poverty and there is a major problem with a lack of things to do. In the past football-related projects in the community have reduced reported crime and anti-social behaviour. We will continue this legacy and provide a managed space for local groups, police, universities, and more importantly young people to develop their sports skills and take part in positive activities. We know from the young people we work with and talk to that they have nowhere suitable that they can freely access to play football or other sports in Beaumont Leys. We will ensure that local young people from Beaumont Leys can use the new sports facility and with support from De Montfort University's sports coaches will be encouraged to create teams that can compete against youth teams in Leicester. The new sports facility will offer young people free use of the space as well as a range of coaching sessions and activities that they can access.
What we'll deliver:
- Engagement with community consultants to carry out research and write a proposal to access additional funding
- Work with design specialists to draw up plans and designs for the new facility
- Obtain planning permissions and an agreement about the length of lease or asset transfer of the land with LCC
- Ensure local young people are involved in the design, procurement and creation of the new facility
- Create a memorandum of understanding with the project partners
Why it's a great idea:
This is a great idea for the Home Farm area as there are no other facilities like this that can get young people off the street and away from crime in the area. We intend to ensure that adults can utilise the new facilities, however, we will prioritise young people. E2 will manage the process to create this new sports facility and ensure that it is solely used for the benefit of Home Farm and the wider Beaumont Leys community. This project enables us to take the necessary steps in achieving our aims of creating a new facility. We will commission organisations with the right experience to help us move forward with this exciting project.
Steps to get it done:
- Commission surveyor to look at the suitability of the land
- Apply for planning permission - change of use
- Commission bid writers and begin detailed proposal
- Carry out a wider public consultation to evidence need
- Work with LCC in gaining asset transfer or long term lease
- Submit detailed proposal to funders